2010年6月21日 星期一

Dragonboat Festival

This Wennesday was an annual Dragon Boat Festival.It is one of the important holidays in Taiwan.My classmates told me that Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated in honor of Qu-Yuan.

Legend has it that Qu-Yuan is one of the loyalest politicians in Chinese. Dragon Boat Festival is based on May 5th of lunar calender.

Students in Taiwan can take a day off on this day, so my classmats decidedto take me to experience what Dragon Boat Festival is like.

There werea lot oftraditional interesting and joyful activities held on Dragon Festival , for instance , Dragon Boat competition , erecting eggs , carrying fragrant bags , tasting meat rice dumpling , hanging moxa and co farth.

Wow! It's meatrice dumpling. I can't wait to eat it. It's abundantin ingredients. It consists of glutinous rice , peanuts , mushrooms , porks , rgg Yolks , shrimps , etc .

It tastes so delicious that I want to eat more . It's my first time to have such a special meal. We also erected eggs .

It is believed that if we make eggs stand , it will bring good luck to us . When we succeeded in making eggs stand , we shouted with excitement.

Then we watched Dragon Boat race in TV. I saw each competitor made great efforts and cooperation. Iwas impressed with their sports spirt.

I really had a good time enjoying Dragon Boat Festival. I learned different cultures and customs from these activities .

To sum up , it is indeed a remarkable wonderful and meaningful experience for me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言